Vegan candy cane cookies
Write a review
- 200 gram / 7 oz vegetable margarine
- 2,5 dl / 250 ml / 1 cup white flour
- 2 dl / 200 ml / ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 dl / 100 ml / 7 tbsp sugar
- 4 crushed candy canes for the dough
- 6 crushed candy canes for decoration
- Crush the candy canes on a thick cutting board using the back of a knife or some other utensil suitable for the task.
- Mix flour, almond flour, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl.
- Add approximately 4 crushed candy canes to the bowl, mix well. Ensure that the pieces from the candy canes that you add are as small as possible. The powder from crushing the candy canes is great to add for flavour.
- Cut the vegetable margarine in smaller cubes, add piece by piece and work into a dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge or freezer to firm and make it more manageable for the cookie making.
- Once the dough is firm enough, divide it into four pieces and create four long equally sized long rolls.
- Then use a sharp and cold knife to cut equally sized slices and place on a oven tray covered with baking paper.
- Decorate the top of the cookies with the rest of the crushed candy canes.
- Bake in a preheated oven, on 175 C / 347 F degrees for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/