I had this idea for some time and when I found edible flowers in my local spice store, I had to make these for Easter this year.
My original idea was to use white chocolate, and I tried but the one I found didn’t melt that well, so I ended up blending in some dark chocolate to cover my eggs in. If anyone know of a godo brand of white vegan chocolate – please comment below!
The edible flower petals I found in a local spice store and I’m not sue where to by these otherwise. perhaps at a food market or some speciality store.
- 3 dl desiccated coconut
- 2,5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1,5 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 pcs fresh dates
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- For decoration;
- Dried rose petals
- Dried viola petals
- Roasted nuts
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil to a pot. Heat up gently.
- Add the coconut and stir and remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir so the coconut blends well with the liquid.
- Add dates and the mixture to a food processor, process for 5-10 minutes so the dates have dissolved and even.
- Form small eggs with the mixture using a spoon and your hands, place on a tray with baking paper.
- Once you've made the entire batch, pop the tray in the fridge or freezer to cool down completely.
- I stored mine in the freezer overnight before dipping them in chocolate.
- Melt chocolate, dip the eggs in the melted chocolate and decorate.
- Store in an airtight jar and eat within a week.