Hearty Roasted Red Pepper Stew with Soya Strips
Write a review
- 200 ml/2 dl/0.8 cups dried soya strips
- 2 pc roasted red peppers
- 2 pc roasted tomatoes
- 2 pcs garlic cloves
- 1 pc onion
- 1 pc vegetable stock cube
- 200 ml/2 dl/0.8 cups oat cream
- 50 ml/0.5 dl/0.2 cups red wine
- 2 tbsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp liquid smoke sauce
- 1 tsp dried paprika powder
- 0.5 tsp rosemary, dried
- oil for frying
- Chop and roast peppers and tomatoes in the oven. (125 C/257 F, for about 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the vegetables)
- Once roasted, mix the vegetables with a hand blender to a smooth and even paste.
- Prepare your soya strips as directed on the packaging for the specific brand you are using.
- Heat up oil in a pan, add onion and garlic.
- Add the soya strips, lower the heat and stir.
- Add the liquid smoke sauce and stir. Let fry gently on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, then add the red wine and continue to fry while stirring for another 2-3 minutes to let the soya strips soak up the flavours.
- Add dried paprika powder, thyme and rosemary, stir.
- Once the liquid from the red wine is reduced, add oat cream and the vegetable stock, stir and reduce the heat further.
- Add the roasted peppers and tomato paste, stir and let cook together for about 10-15 minutes on low heat, add a lid to your pan and stir occasionally.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- I used very thin soya strips for this recipe. It's a bit hard to see them on the photo above.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/