This is a flourless vegan brownie recipe which is also gluten free. The texture is a bit like fudge from adding some of the liquid from the black beans and is very rich from the dark chocolate. A perfect PMS food if you ask me ;)
Ensure the beans you buy are canned in water without any preservatives. I buy beans, preserved in water in carton packaging.
Oven: 175 C
Baking time: 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness and size of the oven dish
- 230 grams of canned black beans, rinsed (keep the liquid from the can or package)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 1.5 dl oats
- 1 pc over-ripe banana
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 – 1 dl date syrup (depends on how sweet you like your brownies to be, I adjust to less than 1 dl since I love the rich chocolate taste)
- 3 tbsp liquid from the beans (the water in which the beans were preserved)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut oil for greasing a pan.
- 60 grams of dark chocolate
- Chop the dark chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Add everything except the dark chocolate to a food processor. Process for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the 100 grams of the chopped dark chocolate and process until as smooth as possible. The batter should be smooth and fluffy.
- Add the batter to a greased oven dish.
- Place in the middle of a preheated oven an bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your dish.
- Remove the cake brownie from the oven and add the chopped chocolate on top of the cake. Let it melt and spread the melted chocolate in a thin even layer on the cake, then add walnuts.
- Let the cake cool off prior to serving or slicing the brownies.
- Store in the fridge, in an airtight container.