This is how I manage my morning routine and it’s crucial for me so I don’t have to spend time making breakfast during the morning and I get time for my pre-breakfast workouts before going into the office. And mind you, changing up my morning routine has done wonders for me. I get up earlier, have a 5 K run , get ready and then I sit down with my morning oats, the largest oat latte I have a cup available for and an inspirational book (I usually have two books which I read at once). Then I go in to the office, filled with energy and a clear and inspired mind ready to make things happen.
Taking time for myself in the morning has made me look forward to a new day in a whole new way. Anyway, this was about overnight oats. I’ve already shared one recipe for overnight oats, and this is a variation for this recipe which I do now when the fresh berry season is over.
- 1/2 dl oats
- 1/2 dl cashew milk
- 2 tsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp date syrup
- Frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds, roasted
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a jar.
- Add the date syrup with a fork and blend with the dry ingredients.
- Add equal parts of cashew or any other nut milk, blend well.
- Let stand and soak overnight in the fridge.
- Add roasted sunflower seeds and frozen berries prior to serving