I don’t eat refined sugar, so this is a chocolate cream I do with dates that contains no refined sugar. It’s great on pancakes, layered in a chia pudding or as a topping on my morning porridge. You don’t have to use raw cacao if you don’t want to, however I think it’s a great way to get the nutrients from the raw cacao powder into me. The plant milk you can easily exchange for any variety you prefer, however I like cashew milk as it’s round and sweet.
- 8 fresh dates
- Cashew milk
- 4 tsp raw cacao powder
- Pit the dates and place in a glass jar.
- Cover the dates with cashew milk,
- Soak over night in the frige.
- Add the cacao powder and blend to a smooth cream.
- If you prefer your cream a bit thinner, add some additional cashew milk and blend until you have achieved your preferred texture.