This is the perfect nurturing hot cacao for a cold winter day or pre-workout if you need an extra boost for your session. I also think it’s ideal when I’m tired and in a funk and need something to prep me up that is not coffee.
- 2,5 dl hazelnut milk
- 1/2 tbsp honey or desired sweetener of choice (maple syrup for example)
- 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Heat up hazelnut milk very carefully in a pot on the stove
- Add honey or other sweetener of choice and stir. Watch the heat.
- Add the spices and continue to stir.
- Add the raw cacao powder and whisk the powder into the hazelnut milk.
- Continue to store until the cacao is dissolved.
- Remove the pot from the heat and serve immediately.
- Decorate with oat milk foam and some extra cinnamon if desired.