This is the quintessential British sandwich filling meeting a Nordic staple – the “polar” flat bread. Be sure to make a large batch of this, since these have a tendency to disappear quickly.
You can buy frozen flatbread from Sweden at the IKEA Foodstore or you can use thin bread for wraps instead. Of course you can switch the flatbread for regular sandwich bread instead, if you rather want the classic Afternoon Tea set-up
- 2 dl vegan thick Crème fraîche or sour cream spread
- 10 cm grated cucumber, skin removed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- Remove the skin from the cucumber, and grate coarsely.
- Mix creme fraiche with mint, cucumber, onion and chives.
- Taste with salt.
- Let stand and set in the fridge, preferably overnight.