During the holiday period I discovered the best vegan shortbread recipe. I adapted a classic Swedish non-vegan recipe from a really old-school Swedish cookbook to a vegan version and with a slight addition – vodka.
Without further ado, this is my foolproof vegan shortbread recipe, for crunchy cookies that almost melt in your mouth.
You roll this dough into a log, in tin foil and freeze it. Just take it out and place it in the fridge a few hours prior to making cookies.
The baking time depends on the thickness of the cookies and the size of course.
Oven temperature: 175 C
Baking time: 10-15 minutes
- 4 1/2 dl flour
- 1/2 dl sugar
- 200 grams of vegan butter
- 2 tbsp vodka
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until you have an even dough.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place in the fridge to cool off.
- The dough should be as cold as possible when you make the cookies.
- Once you made cookies, bake them in a preheated oven, for 12-15 minutes if you make the size and thickness of the cookies above. (1 cm thick, 3 cm radius)