Sorry for the bad photo, but this is also from when I was working away in the kitchen and expected visitors any moment, staging, styling and so forth is not something that I have time with then. Hopefully, I can exchange this photo in the future :)
So, this olive and oregano cream is perfect to make a bruschetta style canapés of. I’ve used fairly thin slices of a sourdough baguette for the base and then just topped it off with this filling. Great for either brunch or afternoon tea.
- 2 dl vegan crème fraîche
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly diced
- 1 pcs garlic clove, pressed
- 150 grams of pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 dl of fresh chopped oregano
- fresh pepper and salt to taste
- Mix vegan crème fraîche, salt, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Slice onions and chop olives and oregano thoroughly and add to the vegan crème fraîche mixture.
- Taste and adjust with additional salt or pepper.
- This topping really comes out as it’s best if it’s stored in the fridge overnight, prior to serving.