This is a recipe which you can use as a base, and make variations of when you decorate the cupcakes. In the picture I have 5 different varieties of decorations.
Yields: 36 pcs of mini cupcakes
- 4 dl flour
- 2 dl muscovado sugar
- 2 pc small over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50 g vegetable margarine
- 2,5 dl oat cream, or plant-based milk
- 0,5 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped soy cream
- Chocolate ganache
- Roasted hazelnuts
- Bubs sour raspberry sculls
- Crumbled vegan meringues
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, except cacao powder and cinnamon.
- Melt vegetable margarine and muscovado sugar in a pot. Reduce the heat as soon as the margarine starts to melt. Mix in cinnamon and cacao powder, stir well and remove from heat. Add the oat cream and orange juice. Stir well.
- Add the mashed banana to the margarine mixture, and whisk to get such as smooth batter as possible.
- Pour the melted ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients at the same time as you stir the batter together. Stir quickly into a thick and smooth batter.
- Dab the mixture into a mini cupcake mould. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes at 200 C. Let cool off completely before garnishing.