This is one of my go to recipes when making cupcakes. I switch the spices and flavouring depending on what I feel for at the moment. I find that mixing the spices with the vegetable margarine makes a real difference in bringing the flavours out in the finished cakes.
24 pcs small cupcakes or 12 pcs large ones
15-20 minutes at 200 C
- 4 dl spelt flour (or any flour of your choice)
- 1,5 dl muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 50 g vegetable margarine
- 2,5 dl vegan cream
- 0,5 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 pinches of clove powder
- 200 grams of dried organic apricots, thinly sliced
- Soy or coconut cream
- Roasted and chopped nuts
- Slice the apricots into small pieces.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, except the spices.
- Melt vegetable margarine and muscovado sugar in a pot. Reduce the heat as soon as the margarine starts to melt. Add spices and apricots, stir well and remove from heat. Add the vegan cream and orange juice. Stir well.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients while stirring.
- Stir quickly into a thick and smooth batter.
- Dab the mixture into a mini cupcake mould. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes at 200 C.
- Let cool off completely before decoration.