This is a childhood favourite made raw and vegan. You can use everything from finely chopped nuts to hemp seeds as decoration instead of the shredded coconut if you want some variation. But for me, nothing beats the coconut, oat and cacao combination even though I’m an adult :)
Yields: 28 small and dainty balls
- 3 dl oats
- 16 pcs dates
- 1 pinch of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 dl coconut, shredded
- 4 tsp raw coconut oil
- 0,5 tsp ground coffee
- Remove the pit from the dates, and add to a food processor together with all other ingredients except the shredded coconut.
- Process until the ingredients are evenly blended and a huge lump forms in the food processor.
- Add shredded coconut to a plate in an even layer.
- With thoroughly washed and dried hands, form small balls of the oat mixture, the size of a cheery tomato and roll in the shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.