One of my friends inspired me to try porridge for breakfast while she stayed at my place. Since I’m in Sweden at the moment and its freezing here, I thought I’d try porridge for a while since my morning smoothies make me freeze even more! It’s so uncomfortable.
Trough som experimentation I’ve come up with a filling and delicious porridge that I look forward to start my mornings with.
- 1 dl wholegrain oats
- 1 dl water
- 1 dl full fat coconut milk
- 2 pinches cardamom powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil, cold pressed
- 1 tsp coconut nectar sugar
- 2 tbsp frozen berries or fruit of choice - I love wild blueberries so I use that
- 2 tbsp roasted coconut flakes or other nuts and/or seeds
- Add oats to a small pot, add water and coconut milk. Bring to boil while stirring.
- Reduce the heat and let cook for a couple of minutes during supervision to the firmness that you want. (Longer cooking time for a thicker porridge, shorter for a more fluid porridge)
- Remove the pot from the stove, add the porridge to a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and coconut sugar, stir.
- Add frozen berries and sprinkle roasted coconut flakes on top.