In time for the first fruits and berries of summer, I’m sharing this elegant creme cup recipe. This recipe can be made entirely gluten-free by replacing the small amount of white flour with almond flour or any other flour that you prefer.
Enjoy it on its own or make part of a pre-summer afternoon tea menu.
The Pie Cups
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2,5 dl flour
- 2,5 tbsp chickpea flour or almond flour
- 2-3 pinches bourbon vanilla powder
- 2,5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
The Cream Filling
- 2 dl vegan whipping cream
- ½ tsp rose water
- passion fruit seeds
- pomegranate seeds
The Pie Cups – instructions
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix evenly.
- Add coconut oil and work through evenly with the flour until you have a crumbly and grainy dough.
- Add cold water one tablespoon at a time and work together to a firm dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into 14 equal-sized pieces.
- Use a mini-cupcake mould and create 14 small cups in the mould.
- Bake until golden in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C.
- Let cool down completely before you add the vegan cream filling.
The Cream Filling – instructions
- Mix vegan whipping cream and rose water evenly. Whip the vegan cream until it’s nice and airy.
- Let set in the fridge for an hour or so.
Creating The Cream Cups – instructions
- Add a dollop of vegan cream to each cup.
- With the spoon, create a small cavity in the centre of each dollop of cream.
- Add pomegranate seeds and passionfruit to each cream cup. Either or, or use both.
- Half a piece of passion fruit is enough to top 4 cream cups