This is a herby and light soup, to enjoy either as a light supper or as a starter. This is the type of light, but nutrient packed soups that I enjoy as a dinner. Since I personally want to eat the heavier meals only in the beginning or middle of the day, when I need the energy.
TIP: If you want a thicker soup, use less water.
- 300 grams of frozen green peas
- 2 dl white wine
- 1 pc onion
- 2 pcs garlic cloves
- 5 cm celery
- 1 pc vegetable stock cube
- 4-6 dl of warm water
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dl plant based cream, I used oat cream
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parley to serve with
- Fry onion and garlic in oliv oil until tender.
- Add the frozen peas, celery and white wine. Stir.
- Add the warm water and the vegetable stock cube and dried herbs. Bring to boil. Then let the soup simmer gently on medium heat under a lid for approx 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, add vegan cream and mix the soup even with a hand blender. Taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh, chopped parsley and a virgin olive oil on top.
Want to luxe it up?
Here are three different ideas to luxe up your green pea soup:
- Dress it with truffle oil prior to serving.
- Strain the soup prior to serving for an ultra smooth experience.
- Add 0,5 dl champagne (or prosecco) on top of each bowl, prior to serving.