I’m currently trying to up my iron intake, and this post-workout smoothie with added Moringa really hits the spot. It’s easy to make, with a few ingredients and powerful powders instead, so it takes absolutely no time at all to make.
I’m just a beginner with the Moringa powder as yet, which means that I don’t use more then 1 tsp. It’s highly recommended to start slow with 0,5 tsp up to 2-4 tsp of the powder. I accidentally got to much in a smoothie once when I just started out with this and man I felt nauseous and unwell. It was a horrible experience. So take it slow.
This is recipe yields enough for one person.
- 2,5 dl almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 dl of frozen mango cubes
- 1 pc small banana, ripe
- 2 tbsp nettle powder
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, mix until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Quick Benefits breakdown:
- High ion and vitamin C content
- Contains other vitamins such as A, D, K and
- Natural diuretic
- Contains a lot of different minerals such as calcium, magnesium, silica and more
- Contains protein and amino acids
Red more about the health benefits of Nettle here
- High protein content
- Contains iron, magnesium and calcium
- Contains vitamin A, E, K
Read more about Moringa health benefits here