This is originally a recipe I developed for Pinto Magasin last year. It’s a perfect Easter brunch recipe and a must for any mushroom lovers. The cashew filling becomes crunchy while baked in the oven which is a perfect addition to the soft mushroom. It’s a simple and very fitting recipe for Easter.
- 8 pcs large button mushrooms
- 3 dl raw cashews, to soak
- 0.5 dl of water.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pc lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- herbal salt
- sea salt
- Rinse cashew nuts and soak the nuts in a bowl of water overnight.
- Add nuts, garlic, lemon juice, herbal salt and cilantro in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add water and olive oil while the food processor is still running. Continue to mix until you get a smooth and firm mixture.
- Taste the mixture and add more salt or lemon if preferred.
- Brush the mushrooms to remove any dirt.
- Remove the foot from the cap of each mushroom.
- Place the mushroom caps on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Add the filling to the mushrooms. Squeeze lemon juice over each mushroom and
- bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 225 degrees C. (Depending on size, keep an eye on the mushrooms while in the oven).
- Sprinkle a little sea salt over the mushrooms prior to serving.