Mini Pies with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
Write a review
Ingredients pie crust
- 4 dl whole wheat spelt flour
- 100 g vegetable margarine, softened
- 3 tbsp of oat milk (or other non-diary milk)
- 1 pinch of herbal salts
- 1 pc zucchini
- 1 pc orange pepper
- ½ pc red onion
- 3 dl chickpeas, cooked
- 2 tbsp Ajvar Relish
- 2 pcs cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp liquid smoke sauce
- ½ pc vegetable stock cube
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes
- 8 tsp pine nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions - pie crust
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the vegetable margarine into small cubes, add to the bowl and work into the flour. Pour in the oat milk and work into a firm dough.
- Add additional spelt flour if the dough is to sticky.
- Let the dough rest for at least an hour in the fridge prior to making the pie crusts.
- Create 8 small pie crusts in a well greased or oiled muffin tray.
Directions - filling
- Peel the zucchini and cut into large slices, divide the peppers and onions into quarters.
- Place the vegetables on a baking tray covered with baking paper and drizzle some olive oil on top. Roast in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (depending on size).
- Let the vegetables cool off slightly. Then add the roasted vegetables to a food processor with garlic, Ajvar Relish, vegetable stock, chickpeas, lemon juice and the liquid smoke sauce. Mix until smooth.
- The filling should be as smooth and silky as possible. Mix for about 5 minutes before adding the olive oil while the food processor is still running.
- Blend for an additional about 5-8 minutes.
Directions - creating the pies
- Coarsely chop pine nuts and slice cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place the filling into the pie crusts.
- Garnish the pies with small slices of cherry tomatoes and pine nuts on top, gently push the decorations down into the filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 20-30 minutes. If the pine nuts begins to brown early, place tin foil above the pies, not to burn the pine nuts and surface.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/