This is a traditional Swedish smörgåstårta made vegan. It’s the perfect vegan Easter brunch dish. You only need to make one of these, brew a pot of tea and offer something sweet to end the meal with.
The smörgåstårta is basically a giant layered sandwich covered in sour cream cheese and decorated to the hilt with edible decorations. Make the cake the day before you serve it so it has some time to set in the fridge before you decorate it. Also, it becomes more flavorful and smooth by letting the fillings set into the bread in the fridge overnight.
- 4 slices of bread (I used round Polarbreads – 15 cm radius)
- 1 batch of avocado cream
- ½ batch Cashew Sour Cream Cheese with chives and garlic or use vegan cream cheese
- Vegan seaweed caviar
- Sunflower seed sprouts
- Fresh dill
Avocado Filling Ingredients
- 3 avocados
- 1 dl parsley, fresh
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp lemon
- sea salt
Directions For The Filling
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, and blend thoroughly.
- Taste and add more salt, if preferred.
Directions – Cake – The Day Before
- Prepare all your fillings.
- Build your cake, by layering bread with the fillings.
- Cover the bread with the vegan cream cheese of your choice by using a metal spatula of some kind. (Metal is much easier than a regular rubber spatula, the cashew cream will be much more even and won’t stick to the spatula)
Directions – Cake – On The Day You Will Serve It
- Decorate your cake prior to serving with thinly sliced radishes, seaweed caviar, dill etc.