This is a creamy soup with a “buttery” taste which is a perfect starter to add a luxurious touch to any dinner party. The stout works really well with the Chantarelles, but if you prefer, you can replace the stout with a white wine for a more traditional taste.
Creamy Chanterelle Soup
Write a review
- 400 gram frozen chanterelles
- 1 Charlotte onion, finely diced
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 2,5 dl stout or white wine
- 3,5 dl non-dairy cream
- 0,5 tsp smokey paprika powder
- 0,5 tsp sage, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 pinch marjoram, dried
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pc mushroom bouillon cube
- Rapeseed oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Fry onion and garlic in rapeseed oil in a pot.
- Add the chanterelles to defrost, lower the heat to medium and stir.
- Lower heat and add te spices and bouillon, stir and ensure that the spices and bullion cube is dissolved into the oil.
- Add stout and let simmer on low heat for 10-15 min under a lid.
- Add 2 dl of oatly - let simmer on low heat for 10 min.
- Mix with hand blender.
- Add additional non-dairy cream to get the prefered texture. Mix again, if so.
- Then add lemon juice, and salt to taste. Mix, taste and when you’re happy with the texture of the soup, heat it up some more if necessary and serve with fresh herbs and additional paprika powder sprinkled on top.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/