Vegan coconut, cashew and vanilla cheesecake
Write a review
- 4 dl / 400 ml / 1 ¼ cups of cashews - to soak
- 1 can of coconut milk (separate fat and water, and use only the fat)
- 4 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/3 pc fresh vanilla stalk
- 4 dl / 400 ml / 1 ¼ cups raw almonds
- 1 dl / 100 ml / 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 8 pcs fresh dates (small)
- 1 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of himalayan pink salt
- Fresh berries
- Bee pollen
- Raw cacao nibs
- Place the coconut milk can in a cold place, like the fridge. After a couple of hours, open the can and separate the fat from the water. You will only use the fat. However save the water on the side.
- Mix all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until as evenly and smooth as possible. Add more nuts if the mixture is too wet from the dates. The drier the better. Since the filling will make the base quite moist.
- Scrape out the base from the food processor, add to a large pie dish. Create such an even base as possible.
- Blend the ingredients for the filling in a food processor; first, mix the soaked cashews, then add the coconut fat from the can while the food processor is still running. Let it blend for a while. The add some coconut water if needed. Continue blending. Then add the vanilla and the coconut oil. Blend for appox. 5 minutes.
- Add the filling to your pie dish and decorate your cheesecake with fresh berries and other yummy and beautiful things.
- Place in the fridge. Let stand overnight to set.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/