Vegan Savoury Potato Soup
Write a review
- 8 pc potatoes
- 1 pc onion
- 2 pc garlic cloves
- 1 pc vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 300 ml/ 3 dl oatmilk or other plant-based milk
- water (approx. 0,5 liter, it should just cover the potatoes)
- 50 ml/0,5 dl fresh parsley, finely chopped
- rapeseed oil
- black pepper to taste
- herb or sea salt to taste
- cayenne pepper or smoked paprika powder for taste and decoration
- Peel and cut the potatoes in even pieces (do not boil the potatoes)
- Peel and cut the garlic and onion.
- Heat up oil in large pot, add the onion and add the potatoes, lower the heat to medium and fry the potatoes and onion while stirring.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, continue to fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add water to the pot, the water should just cover the potato pieces, crumble in the rosemary and vegetable stock.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat and let boil gently for about 20 minutes under a lid, once ready the potatoes should be very soft and crumbly.
- Turn off the stove and take the pot away from the heat. Mix the soup with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the oatmilk and continue to blend.
- Add lemon juice and parsley, blend.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with cayenne pepper or smoked paprika powder and garnish with additional parsley.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/