I’m a big fan of porridge. I have this every day of the week, almost. Usually, I eat my overnight oats in the office. Then on the weekends, I take the time to make myself a luxurious porridge with extra everything.
I’ve been struggling quite a bit with bloating recently so I decided to up my turmeric intake. What I did was start adding my turmeric latte mix powder to my breakfast porridge. Pairing this with maple syrup, roasted hazelnuts, flax seeds and blueberries is quite a treat on the weekends.
I quite like this, so I decided to share this if you also like a gut-healing recipe to add to your morning routine.
Of course, you can use finely ground turmeric powder instead of using my turmeric spice mix. I like to use my own mix because it’s handy since the turmeric powder is blended with a heap of other spices that I like.
Yields: 1 portion
- 1 dl oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 dl water
- 2 tsp my turmeric latte powder
- 2 tbsp frozen blueberries or fruit of choice
- 2 tbsp roasted hazelnuts
- 0,5 tbsp maple syrup
- Add oats, turmeric powder and flaxseeds to a small pot, and add water. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Reduce the heat and let cook for a couple of minutes during supervision to the firmness that you want. (Longer cooking time for a thicker porridge, shorter for a more fluid porridge)
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the porridge to a bowl and finish of with the toppings.
- Serve immediately.
This is how I like my weekend mornings to be. Enjoying a luxurious, yet healthy breakfast, a magazine or browsing my iPad while sipping on a huge latte. Yum.