This basil and cashew nut paste is a versatile ingredients in pasta sauces, gratins and also something I use for making my renowned vegan ravioli. It’s also divine on crackers with a glas of red wine.
The basil paste taste so much better if it get a chance to set overnight after you make it.
- 2,5 dl cashew nuts, raw and soaked overnight
- 1 pc large pot of fresh basil (or two)
- 1 pc garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- Olive oil
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight.
- Add garlic and basil to a food processor, process until the herbs are finely cut.
- Add the cashew nuts, process until as smooth as possible.
- Add salt and lemon juice while the food processor is still running.
- To make the mixture smoother add olive oil while the food processor is running, through the opening in the lid.
- If you still find the filling to dry add a teaspoon or two of water.