This is a perfect summer salad when you can access ripe plum tomatoes. I’m an tomato addict galore and I can eat buckets of this salad.
However its also a perfect side salad to a suitable Italian style dish or buffet.
- • 15-20 plum tomatoes
- • 3 fresh garlic stems
- • A pot of fresh basil – the more the merrier
- • Balsamic vinegar cream – the thick and creamy version of balsamic vinegar
- 1. Half tomatoes – put them in a large bowl
- 2. Slice the garlic stems in thin slices – mix with the tomatoes
- 3. Rip the basil leaves of the plant and mix with the tomatoes
- 4. Add some sea salt – mix
- 5. Decorate the top with the balsamic vinegar cream
This recipe was created by me and originally posted on Vegan Miam in 2012. Part of a recipe suite and guest blogging column, where I shared a couple of lighter recipes, suitable for a detox period or similar.