Hummus is one of my favourite foods. This is a version with roasted onions to add to that savoury flavour.
Hummus with roasted onions
Write a review
- 4 dl / 400 ml chickpeas, cooked
- 2 pcs garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 pc onion, roasted
- 3 tbsp tahini, firm
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 0,5 - 1 dl / 50 - 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 2 - 4 tbsp of water (depending on the consistency you want)
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder (optional)
- Gently roast the onions in the oven. Let cool off and peel the onions. I just quester them with the peel still on. And roast until tender.
- Mix chickpeas, tahini and onion cloves in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice and oil, continue to blend.
- Add a pinch of salt and the chipotle powder (optional)
- Add desired amount of water while the food processor is still running, through the opening in the lid - until the hummus has reached a thickness that you prefer.
- Taste the hummus and add more salt if preferred.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/