Visiting Palma this summer I tasted some really incredible Spanish food. One of the many dishes that I tried was a Zucchini Soup at Bon Lloc. It was delicious. So when I got the opportunity to go through my cousins garden om my summer holiday and pick some zucchini’s from her garden, I had soup-making on my mind.
This is velvety smooth, creamy and rich in flavour. Perfect as an entree or as a light and comforting dinner.
Ingredients to roast:
- 2 pcs large zucchini’s (I used only yellow ones for this recipe), sliced in big chunks
- 1/2 pc yellow onion
- 2 pcs garlic cloves
- 1 pc small yellow tomato
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Additional ingredients for the soup making stage:
- 4 dl water
- 1 pc vegetable stock cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 dl vegan cream (optional)
- Coat the specified ingredients in olive oil, place on a tray covered with baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast slowly on 150-175 C for approx. 20-30 minutes until tender and golden.
- Let cool off.
- Add the vegan cream and roasted vegetables to a blender, blend until smooth.
- Add water to a large pot, bring to boil and add the vegetable stock cube to the water, let dissolve. Add the bay leaf and oregano.
- Add the vegetable mix to the water and blend well.
- If you prefer a thinner soup, add more water, and let simmer together for about 15 minutes under a lid.
- Taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh herbs and a drizzle of a good olive oil.