This is also a recipe from this years birthday celebrations. I had this idea for a very easy dessert to serve when I had visitors that would be swift to prepare but still be a bit of a showstopper :)
For the chocolate cream
- 1,5 packets or Alpro vegan Soy cream (the kind you make whipped cream out of)
- 150 grams of dark chocolate, at least 70% cacao
- Fresh berries like strawberries and raspberries
- In the picture I’ve also added crumbled meringues
- 4 dl white flour
- 1,5 dl white sugar
- 4-5 tbsp cold water
- 100 grams of vegan margarine, room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
First make the pie dough:
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the margarine, piece by pice and work together to a dry dough.
- Add the water, one table spoon at the time until you have a firm dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to make the dough more easy to work with.
- Then press out the dough into a greased pie mould.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 15-20 minutes. Until the pie crust is firm and slightly golden.
- Let the pie crust cool off
- Melt dark chocolate in a bowl, preferably on a water bath.
- Carefully add the soy cream to the melted chocolate while stirring. If you pour to much then you risk to end up with lumpy chocolate.
- Whisk together the melted chocolate and cream, in a slow process.
- Then pour the melted chocolate into the pie crust. You can either decorate the pie now or let the chocolate cool of and set in the fridge. If so place plastic wrap over the pie.