A hearty and savoury pie. A perfect recipe to mix up your kale routine. The crust can be made gluten free if you replace 1 dl of wheat flour with a gluten free alternative. The chickpea/garbanzo bean flour gives the crust a nutty flavour.
Vegan dino kale pie
Write a review
- 3 dl chickpea flour
- 1 dl white flour
- 4-5 tbsp cold water
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or any other oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 gram dino kale, finely chopped, stem removed
- ¼ small cauliflower head, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 gram silken tofu
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pine nuts (optional)
- sea salt
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix evenly.
- Add coconut oil and work through evenly with the flour until you have a crumbly and grainy dough.
- Add cold water one tablespoon at a time and work together to a firm dough.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Bake out in a large, greased pie dish and create an even pie shell.
- Add cauliflower and garlic to a food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Add mustard, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, bullion powder and mix until smooth.
- Add silken tofu and mix until smooth.
- Add kale, chopped onion and parsley to a bowl, pour over the wet filling. Mix evenly.
- Add the filling to your pie dish. Distribute evenly. Add pine nuts or any decoration on top.
- Place in a pre-heated oven, at 200 C, and bake for about 45-60 minutes. Check halfway and add a sheet of tinfoil over the pie as not to burn the surface.
- Let set for 10 minutes, prior to serving.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/