Black Salsify is an underestimated winter vegetable. I like the crunchy texture when steamed. I created this side dish which is a perfect side to anything which is a bit heavier than you want to break off with the freshness of the lemon and the depth of the tarragon.
- 4 pcs of long black salsify roots, peeled
- 1 tsp lemon fresh juice
- 2 tbsp tarragon, dried
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and prepare the salsify.
- Steam until tender.
- Mix lemon, tarragon, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl.
- Add salsify to a beautiful bowl, add dressing and toss.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Don’t eat raw salsify, it may give you a severe tummy ache!