Capers, a good quality olive oil and oregano transforms ordinary red cabbage to an addictive side dish. Pair with pizza or other heartier dishes to break up a heavy meal.
Italian red cabbage salad
Write a review
- ¼ of a red cabbage head, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp oregano, dried
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp high quality olive oil
- ½ tsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 pc garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice red cabbage thinly and place in a bowl.
- Prepare the dressing by adding the ingredients to a small bowl and mixing them evenly.
- Boil water and pour over the cabbage, let soak in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the cabbage and ensure its as dry as possible when you put it into a bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss the cabbage to coat it evenly.
- Let cool down then store in the fridge.
- Taste the absolute best after a couple of days in the fridge.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/