This could possibly not be more traditionally Nordic. Since you can now get seaweed caviar, you can easily impress your guest with a small starter that looks really advanced, but this is actually so easy to make.
Serve with my lingonberry cocktail recipe, which you can find here.
- 2-3 slices dark, scandinavian style rye bread with spices (such as coriander, cumin etc)
- 100 ml vegan sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives, plus extra for decoration
- 2 tbsp finely chopped dill, plus extra for decoration
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 - 2 pcs radishes, finely sliced
- seaweed caviar in the colour you prefer
- Cut the rye bread slices into approx 2,5 x 2,5 cm squares.
- Blend your non-dairy cream of choice with chives and dill.
- Prepare the decorations.
- Place the rye bread pieces on a beautiful tray. Use a small teaspoon to place a dollop of the cream mixture on each rye bread piece.
- Then add decorations to each rye bread piece. I have placed a dollop of seaweed caviar, finely chopped red onion or radish on every other rye bread peace, then decorated them with a twig of dill or piece of chive.
- Serve immediately with a cocktail.
This recipe is previously seen in Fresh Vegan Magazine.