These are chunky, yet deliciously crispy and savoury carrot patties. They are on of my favourites to make. I enjoy these with a cold sauce and a side salad.
The recipe yields approximate 7 patties, depending on size, mine where approx 8 cm i diameter and 1 cm in thickness.
To make these gluten-free just use another flour. The secret to getting the crisp outside is the rapeseed oil.
Crispy Vegan Carrot Patties
Write a review
- 1,5 dl aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 4 pcs raw carrots, grated
- 2 pcs kale leaves/stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pcs garlic clove, crushed
- 2-4 tbsp kamut flour (or other flour)
- 1-3 tbsp water
- fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- rapeseed oil for frying
- Mix grated carrot, onion, garlic and kale in a large bowl.
- Pour over the chickpea liquid. Mix well.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Add the half of the flour and mix well. Add half of the water until you have a sticky dough that will stick together once pressed. Add more flour and water until you have the right texture of the dough.
- Preheat a frying pan with rapeseed oil. Form patties with clean hands and add to the hot oil.
- Make the patties approx 1 cm thick.
- Fry on medium heat in the beginning to ensure the carrot patties are fried throughout. (8-14 minutes depending on size). Then heat up the pan in the end to get that crispy and delicious golden brown texture on the outside.
- Repeat until the entire batch is done.
Elegantly Vegan https://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/