I discovered Oatly’s newly released product a couple of weeks back, it’s an oat-based crème fraîche that is really nice in its texture and appearance. I’ve tried another oat-based crème fraîche before from brands, however, they’ve been grey and rather lumpy and thus unappetising in my opinion.
At a family gathering a couple of weeks back, involving a selection of barbecued veggies such as asparagus, mushrooms and aubergine, I put the crème fraîche to a test by whipping together this simple dressing. The result? really divine if you ask me!
I reckon that if you have any leftover grilled bell peppers, the dressing will taste even better.
- 3-4 pcs yellow bell peppers, roasted
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 2 pots vegan crème fraîche (200 ml x 2)
- 1 dl fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 dl fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- white pepper
- herbal salt
- Add bell peppers and garlic to a bowl suitable to use with a hand blender.
- Mix until as smooth as possible.
- Add vegan crème fraîche, some herbal salt and white pepper, and blend until even.
- Stir in the chopped herbs and ensure the herbs are distributed evenly in the sauce.
- Taste and add additional herb salt and white pepper if desired.
- Let stand for a couple of hours in the fridge, prior to serving.