I rather indulge in a healthier sweet or dessert, even though it’s Christmas. This is a part raw desert which does not contain any processed sugar. The brand of chocolate I use is a chocolate called Vivani Panama 92% which is really high in cacao, sweetened with coconut nectar sugar and free from any lecithin.
Serve this dessert with a good quality espresso, green jasmine tea or oolong tea.
- 10 pcs Medjool dates, pitted
- 250 ml cashew nuts, raw
- 2 pinches of himalayan pink rock salt
- 4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil, raw
- 0,5 tsp cardamom powder
- 0,5 tsp clove powder
- 80 g 92% dark chocolate sweetened with coconut nectar sugar, you need to melt
- 6 pcs Coconut nectar sugar
- Cinnamon powder
- Finely chopped nuts
- Add the cashew nuts to a food processor, give them a quick spin so they are coarsely chopped.
- Add pitted Medjool dates, coconut oil and process for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add spices and salt, then blend the mixture until it becomes sticky and a tough dough.
- The cashew nuts should still be 2-3 mm in size but evenly blended with spices and dates.
- Form balls the size of cherry tomatoes and place in a jar in the fridge. Wait until the balls have hardened slightly and are cold throughout before you coat them in melted chocolate.
- Melt 6 pieces of dark chocolate carefully in a water bath.
- Dip each ball, one and one with the help of two forks and place on a tray with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with any desired decoration, on top of each ball. When the chocolate have dried completely, add the date balls to a jar and store in the fridge.
This recipe is part of a suite of recipes that I developed for Fresh Vegan Magazines Christmas Issue.