If you are in a time crunch, this is a method which you can use to flavour ready-made soy balls, soy sausage or seitan products.
All you need is stout, allspice, hazelnuts and a fresh herb and you will dazzle your guests in no time.
With no further ado, this is your shortcut to an impressive dish for your Christmas table. Perfect if you, yourself is not a vegan have vegan guests for example. Enjoy!
- 24 pcs soy balls
- 1,5 dl stout
- 2 tsp all spice
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 pc garlic cloves, whole
- freshly ground black pepper
- soy sauce
- rapeseed oil
- Heat up oil, garlic and a splay of soy sauce in a deep pan/skillet.
- Add soy balls, toss them in the pan to coat in oil and soy sauce.
- Add allspice and give the balls a quick roll.
- Add stout and roll the balls in the pan. Lower the heat and let the soy balls gently simmer, stirring every now and then. The entire process takes about 5-10 minutes.
- When half of the liquid is reduced, add the hazelnuts, and continue to stir and let the rest of the liquid evaporate.
- Add freshly ground pepper. Stir. Add a few pinches more of allspice.
- Add finely chopped parsley, stir and serve sprinkled with fresh parsley on top for a nice finishing touch.