This is a Swedish classic which is eaten a lot around Christmas, however I like it all year around :)
Creamy Red Beet Salad
Write a review
- 10 pcs red beets, cooked and sliced into small bits
- 1/2 pcs red onion, thinly diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1,5 dl vegan Crème fraîche
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise (I used a flavoured mayonnaise with roasted garlic)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel, slice and cook the beets with a bay leaf.
- let cool off.
- Prepare the creamy base by blending thinly diced onion, vegan Crème fraîche and mayonnaise.
- Mix with the beets once they have cooled off. Taste with pepper and salt.
- Let stand overnight in the fridge before serving.
Elegantly Vegan http://elegantlyvegan.com/wpui/